An excellent way to support lactation in breastfeeding moms and satisfy a sweet tooth!
Makes about 15 cookies
- 1 cup self raising wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup organic, virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed*
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. of water
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. brewers yeast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat wet ingredients together with a mixer, then slowly add flour, sugar, yeast, cinnamon, and salt.
- After the mixture is a doughy consistency, stir in oatmeal, walnuts, and flaxseed.
- Spoon mixture into 1 inch balls on a greased baking sheet and flatten slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on preferred cookie texture.
*Ground flaxseed begins to deteriorate immediately; so store-bought ground flaxseed should be stored in a sealed container and kept in the fridge.
Kelsey Ginikos-West, Brand Manager